About Kathleen D. Chase
Kathleen D. (Hamlyn) Chase, a 1969 graduate of Wells High School, received her Associates Degree in Liberal Arts (Summa Cum Laude) from the University of Southern Maine in 1991. She is a Certified Maine Assessor and worked as a Tax Assessor for Wells from 1988- 2006.
Kathleen (Kathy) has been married to Wayne (Butch) Chase for 41 years. They have two grown children (Wayne Chase Jr. and Melissa Chase Marquis) and six grandchildren. The oldest grandchild is the fourth generation of Kathy's family to attend the Wells Public Schools.
Kathy and Butch have owned several businesses in Wells including Chases' Convenience Store (built in 1939 by Butch's grandfather), and currently, Chase & Hamlyn Mineral Extraction.
Kathy is Past President of the Senior Needs Committee of Wells & Ogunquit (since its beginning in 1998). She successfully led this volunteer organization's efforts in building the Wells/Ogunquit Senior Center - without a burden to the property taxes of the two towns.
Being active in her hometown community is important to Kathy:
- President 2009-2010, Rotary Club of Wells Maine.
- 1999 recipient of Maine's 100 Award for her volunteerism and service.
- Past President + Current Member B.O.D. for Wells/Ogunquit center at Moody (W.O.C.A.M.)
- Member of Wells Chamber of Commerce
- Active Member of "Applause for a Cause" local theater group doing performances to benefit local non-profits.
It is Kathy's continued commitment to take an active role in making the great town of Wells an even better place to live.